The Ministry of information policy of Ukraine asked the Ukrainian security Service and other law enforcement agencies to provide clarification on the prohibition of entry to Ukraine to two Spanish journalists Pampliega Antonio and Manuel ángel Sastre.

“The security service of Ukraine forbade entrance on the territory of two Spanish journalists Pampliega Antonio and Manuel ángel Sastre. The Ministry of information policy of Ukraine is concerned about the situation around the media. The Agency has already sent a letter to the appropriate law enforcement agencies, including the SBU with a request to provide a detailed explanation”, – is told in the statement of the Ministry of information policy, published on the Ministry website on Tuesday evening.

The statement stressed that the freedom of speech and protection of journalists ‘ rights are the priorities of the MIP .

Earlier in the day it became known that the SBU has banned Spanish journalists-freelancers Pampliega Antonio and Manuel ángel Sastre entry to Ukraine until 2020 for anti-Ukrainian activities. “They wrote untrue material in particular, that the Ukrainian army reportedly shelled the civilian Ukrainian cities and villages”, – said the speaker of the SBU Elena Gitlyanskaya.

In this regard, these persons were turned back by Ukrainian border guards on the territory of the country on August 24 and expelled from Ukraine the next day.