The stadium in Volgograd

© Dmitry Rogulin/TASS

MOSCOW, February 7. /TASS./ Filing lawsuits from the Ministry of sport of the Russian Federation to JSC Stroytransgaz, General contractor for the construction of two stadiums for the world Cup, will not affect the timing of completion of construction arenas. TASS said Alexey Milovanov, General Director of FSUE “Sport-Engineering”, which is a customer of the stadiums.

“The lawsuits were filed in accordance with the terms of government contracts that these companies have violated last year in terms of number of commitments schedules of construction works. However, this procedure will not affect the final completion dates of construction of the stadiums. All stadiums will be built in accordance with current and approved schedule of works and will be fully ready to host test matches in March-April this year,” said Milovanov.

Earlier it became known that the Ministry of sport of the Russian Federation has filed two lawsuits totaling more than 1 billion roubles to JSC “Stroytransgaz”, which is the General contractor for the project “Volgograd-Arena” stadium and “Nizhny Novgorod”. In Volgograd will host four group stage match of the tournament in Nizhny Novgorod – four meetings of the group stage, the 1/8 finals and the quarterfinals. The world championship will be held from June 14 to July 15 in 11 cities of Russia.

See also

The Ministry sued for 1 billion rubles to the contractor for the construction of two stadiums for the 2018 world Cup

A fine of up to 1.5 million rubles threatens for selling counterfeit tickets to the world Cup

Hotel rooms in Nizhny Novgorod region will be enough for reception of guests during the 2018 world Cup