The cause of the fire in the building of the Odessa College of Economics, law and hotel and restaurant business, which killed 16 people, was the fire of the electrical equipment on the third floor.

To such conclusion the governmental Commission, said Prime Minister of Ukraine Alexey Goncharuk in Telegram channel on Saturday.

He noted that the flames spread from the third floor. “People couldn’t evacuate because one of the exits was closed. The main reason is the careless attitude of the management and staff of the College for fire safety,” wrote the Prime Minister.

Goncharuk said that the direct causes and perpetrators of the tragedy will determine the court.

He informed that the dismissed head of the Main Directorate gschs in Odessa region Victor Fedorchak and his Deputy Mikhail Volkov.

December 20 appointed a new head of GU gschs in the Odessa region – Vadim Shulyak.

As reported at 10:12 Wednesday, 4 December, at the Odessa College of Economics, law and hotel and restaurant business on the third floor of a six storey educational building was on fire, the area of which reached 4 thousand sq. m. divisions of gschs rescued and evacuated 40 people from nearly 400 who were in the building at the time of the fire.

At 14:18 on the same day the fire was localized, but the putting out individual fires and smoldering plots continued for a long time.

Upon a fire criminal proceedings under part 2 of article 270 (violation established by the legislation of fire safety requirements) of the Criminal code of Ukraine.

December 12 in gschs reported that as of 7:00 the number of deaths due to a fire in the building of the Odessa College has risen to 16 people, injured 30 people. December 12, the search operation has been completed.

17 December, the head of police in Odessa region Oleh Bech reported that according to the preliminary conclusion about the cause of the fire in the building of the Odessa College of Economics, law and hotel and restaurant business, provided by police representatives of the State service of Ukraine on emergency situations (SSES), the fire occurred because of faulty wiring or appliances.

Tags:

#Goncharuk

#Odessa

#fire