KIEV, may 24. /TASS/. The Kiev district court of Odessa was unable to form the panel of judges for considering the case of mass riots and fire in the trade unions Building on 2 may 2014 by contacting the Appellate court of Odessa region with a request to choose another instance. This was reported by local edition “Timer”.

“The court stated that currently the criminal division of the court consists of eight judges, three of whom are on vacation, two sick, and two others ended term”, – stated in the message. Thus, in the criminal division of the court has only one judge could hear the case (judge Chaplitsky). Meanwhile, a panel should consist of three judges .

See also

Poroshenko urged the interior Ministry to inform the Ukrainians about the investigation of the tragedy in Odessa

Gryzlov: in the events of may 2 in Odessa to blame those who indulged Ukrainian radicals

In the case of the tragedy on may 2 in Odessa there were two other suspects

Odessa court upheld the disqualification of judges in the case of a fire in the House of trade unions

“In the end, the Kiev district court has stated that it cannot review the case on may 2 and addressed in Appeal court with the request to transfer the controversial case to some other court”, – told the publication.

Earlier the case was heard in Malinovsky district court of Odessa. However, on 15 may, the court granted earlier filed a petition for removal from the Collegium of three judges. The appellate court of Odessa region on may 21, defined jurisdiction of the proceedings, and sent him to the Kiev district court of Odessa.

In Odessa on 2 may 2014, the radical “Right sector” (recognized in Russia extremist organization) and the so-called “self-Maidan” burned the tent city on the Kulikovo field, where the residents of Odessa collected signatures for a referendum on the federalization of Ukraine and granting Russian language a state status. Supporters of federalization took refuge in the House of trade unions, but radicals surrounded the building and set it on fire. In those tragic events 48 people died and over 200 were injured.