Photo: mfa.gov.ua a meeting of the UN security Council (archive photo)

According to the results of closed session there were no decisions of the security Council members called for the investigation of the incident.

The UN security Council discussed the attacks on tankers in the Gulf of Oman in closed session, but took no decision on the incident. On Friday, June 14, told journalists the permanent representative of Kuwait Mansour al-Otaibi, reports TASS.

“People want everything to be conducted in an impartial and objective investigation, but there were no proposals, no decisions of the security Council as to whether to instruct to carry out that investigation any structure,” said al-Otaibi.

He did not specify the countries that called for the investigation.

“Today we have just previously discussed what happened, at the request of the United States,” − said the permanent representative of Kuwait.

According to him, the countries concerned will hold their investigation, “as such, we few days ago heard a briefing by Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Norway about incidents that took place on 12 may (the undermining of the tankers in the Persian Gulf)”.

Recall that the U.S. has placed on Iran responsible for the attack on ships in the Gulf of Oman.

As reported Корреспондент.neton June 13 it became known about an attack on two oil tankers – Front Kokuka Altair and Courageous. According to some, took place the torpedo attack on ships there were explosions and fire.

All members of the crews of ships affected were evacuated to the territory of Iran.

News from the Reporter.net Telegram. Subscribe to our channel https://t.me/korrespondentnet